Are there vaccine or veterinary requirements for boarding and/or daycare?
- Proof of current Rabies, Distemper and Bordetella (dogs ONLY) vaccinations are required prior to check-in.
- Pets must be on a monthly flea/tick preventative. If fleas are found on your pet during their stay, an ESPR team member will bathe your pet and administer a Capstar pill to kill active adult fleas, at additional $15 charge.
What do I need to bring for my pet’s stay?
- Leash, collar, and/or carrier (for small dogs or cats)
- Bedding and food can be provided, however we suggest your pet(s) stay on their usual diet; please bring all food already portioned into meals.
How do I prepare my pet for a boarding stay?
- Stop by ESPR for a tour with a team member and decide which package best suites your pet.
- Reduce stress with a “practice” day of daycare or boarding to make sure they are comfortable.
What do I need for my dog to play in daycare?
- A behavioral evaluation to determine which activities your dog(s) may enjoy.
- Veterinary records meeting the requirements listed at the top of this page.
What if my dog doesn’t like being around other dogs?
We have plenty of activities that your dog can enjoy such as cuddle time and walks. See our à La Carte Menu.
What if my pet becomes ill during their stay?
Risks of disease and injury are innate when animals are together in any situation. It is uncommon but if we have any questions or concerns regarding your pet, a team member will contact you at the emergency contact provided at check-in.
How does pick-up work?
We work just like a hotel. Please plan to pick up your pet(s) before 12:00 pm to avoid being charged any additional late fee(s).
Can a friend or relative pick up my pet?
Only with prior authorization from the pet parent of record and picture ID.
What forms of payment does ESPR accept?
We accept payment upon pickup all major credit cards; American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Discounted Package Plans are also available!
Why should your pet stay at Eastern Shore Pet Resort?
Your pet will have the best time with us and you can help support the Brandywine Valley SPCA and our mission to put the “human” back in humane animal treatment and advocate on their behalf. Learn more at www.bvspca.org